Milton, FL was established in 1844. Though I have lived in Milton my whole life, I haven't taken the time to really look at the area. With this series of photographs I will be documenting the discovery of my hometown through the people who live there and will allow for the photographs to speak for themselves. I will be using blurb.com to create my book. It will be 10x8, hardcover with a dust jacket. The book will consist of up to 20 pages of full bleed photographs.

front and back cover ideas

I did a few more front and back covers. I'm really liking these. Like I stated in an earlier post, the photos inside the book will be full bleed and the book size will be 10x8. I'm going to try to stick to 10x8 horizontal photos, but if I have a vertical photo that I really like, I'll put it in the book with either another photo beside it or just let it stand along with a white background behind it. Let me know what you think, any advice is definitely welcome.




Front Cover:
big text tastee front

Back Cover:
back cover picture

Front:
gold book cover

Back:
back cover gold

Front:
blue book cover

Back:
back cover blue

11 comments:

  1. my favorite is third one. For first one, i recommend to change the image between front and back. it will be better. and second image was too puzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love the picture with the woman who is doing some gardening/lawn work. i think it is by far the strongest cover. your title of "discovering milton" fits well with this image because the focus of the image is on the plant which is closest to the viewer... and it gives this sense discovering what is past that focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with brittany, i love the pic ,the colors and layouts you have chosen for that particular design. that pic with the title would make me want to look inside the book. i also like ur first one as well, maybe try that photo with the layout design similar to ur#2 design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the layouts of the second two. the first is too much in halves. as far as photographs go i think that the tastee freeze one and the one with the lady and bushes, the depth of field in those draws my attention to try to see what is not in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first layouts (up top) although I would like your name and title on top and bottom instead of left and right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I suggest mixing them? I really like the front cover with what looks like the girls picking something and then I like the back cover with the old couple on it. To me these show the range of age groups in milton from young to old. They feel more personal to me too. Good job on these!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking the one with the lady gardening, it looks like she's discovering something herself. Nice, solid statement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally like the photos of the lady gardening as well as the couple looking down at the ground. The Tastee-Freez photo looks good to, but I think you should replace the cup with a smaller salt shaker, so it wont cover the people in the background all that much. In terms of layout, I like the second set the best.

    --Nick Miller

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Tastee Freeze cup for the front cover is my choice, with the seniors on the back. I think these are very compelling images and are more likely to depict a stronger story. The cup invites me inside for a nostalgic tour!

    Do you have any bluegrass festivals or fairs that would lend some small town scenes?

    Love it!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new photographs you posted! These are getting better and better!! I still really like the first cover you designed with the man walking and the title written in the brick! That photo was awesome! But these new one are great too! I think whatever you choose will work great for your book! Keep up with the great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, so I have to say the Tastee Freeze cup is the winner! I have loved that photo from the very beginning! Nice layout!

    ReplyDelete